You must understand the rules perfectly. Not following the rules will affect your final score.
Competitors will need to bring their own table lamp, adaptors and extension cable.
Competitors from Division 2 and 3 must be registered in at least 2 different categories of this competition.
Competitors will only be allowed to present 1 work in each submitted nail art competitions.
Last payment day: 24/03/2024
Inscriptions will be valid once they are paid. Inscriptions won’t be confirmed until payment has gone through.
The competitor can present his submitted works through another person who delivers them at the time indicated on the agenda and collects it once the competition is finished.
- The competitor must manage his/her own models.
- The competitor must have enough models for all the competitions he/she is participating in.
- The use of electronic devices of any kind that allow communication with the exterior are not allowed to be used by the competitor nor by the model. Apple iWatch and Samsung Watches are not allowed either.
Stilleto Nail Art:
Micro-painting must not represent more than a 20% of the total work.
The work done in relief on the nail should have sufficient clarity and be easily identifiable.
Mixed Media Box:
Boxes should not be larger than 10 inches in any direction and no more than 4 inches high.
Flat Art Tip Box:
The box must not be any larger than 10 inches in any direction.
Fantasy Nail Art Tip Box:
All work must be presented in a clear box no larger than 20 cm2 and 10 cm high.
The object must no exceed 10 cm high. The object must be presented in a box or board no larger than 20×14 cm with a black, white or clear background.
*All boxes must be open or easy to open to be able to judge the works more easily.
1. Nailympion Portugal is open to all professional nail technicians.
2. The competitions are open to those who satisfy the requirements and properly registered.
3. As an international competition participant, the competitor must respect all rules and manners of competition.
4. Universal and commonsensical standards will apply to other manners or rules not specified in the Nailympion Portugal rules.
5. A competitor will be disqualified if they intentionally or recklessly apply to a lower division than the actual division they belong in.
6. A competitor will be disqualified and banned from all future Nailympion competitions if they are caught cheating at the time of any of the competitions.
7. Competitors must specify the division they are entering when the application form is completed. Once the competitor has registered they cannot change divisions without the permission of the head judge.
8. The competitor must enter the highest division they qualify for.
9. Due to the large attendance of international competitors, Nailympion Portugal won’t be responsible for verifying that each competitor enters into the correct division.
10. Nailympion Portugal reserve the right to refuse entry to any competitor.
11. There are no refunds of competition fees
12. Competition fees are non-transferable.
13. All photos and videos taken by Nailympion Portugal personnel or hired contractors are the sole property of Nailympion to be used in whatever fashion deemed appropriate by the Nailympion without compensation to the competitors and models.
14. Competitors must use a live model and arrange for the model themselves.
15. Competitor and Models must be at least 18 years old for divisions 1,2 & 3.
16. Nailympion Portugal is not responsible for any competitor not adhering to or understanding all of the rules.
17. There is no smoking, drinking alcohol or eating allowed on the competition floor.
18. No mobile phones, tablets or computers of any kind on the competition floor during the competition for both the competitor and the model. Apple iWatch and Samsung Watches are not allowed either.
19. Communication with competitors while competitions are going on will not be allowed.
20. Competitors may not be on the competition floor until the floor is open for set up. If the competitor is competing in the following competition, you may leave your table set up but must clear the floor until the floor judge opens it up for the next competitions set up.
21. Competitors not understanding English or the language of the hosting country must provide their own translator.
22. Translators must read over the rules with the competitor prior to the competition briefing to assure the competitor understands all of the rules.
23. The translator must be present during the competition briefing and stay just outside the competition floor in a designated area during the competition in case they are needed for communication with the competitor.
24. Nailympion the organization of the competition are not responsible if the competitor does not comply or does not understand all the rules.
25. Only competitors and models are allowed to enter into the competition floor. However, translators are allowed to enter the competition floor when the communication with the competitors is necessary and also during the briefing.
26. Each competition will have a briefing 15 minutes prior to the start of the competition.
27. All competitors and models must be present for the briefing.
28. Once the briefing of a competition begins, the competitor may not touch the models nails until the competition begins. If anyone or any competitor touches the models’ nails after the briefing and before the competition begins, there will be a 5-point deduction from their final score.
29. The floor judge will check the models’ nails after the briefing to certify no application has been done prior to the start of the competition.
30. Competitors are allowed to prepare the natural nail prior to the competition. But absolutely no application work of any kind until the competition officially begins.
31. If it is decided by the floor head floor judge that application work has been done on the model prior to competition, the competitor will receive a 5-point deduction to their final score.
32. Competitors are allowed to set up table, products and supplies during the competition briefing.
33. Competitors or models may not go into their kits once the competition has started.
34. All products being used during the competition must be clearly labeled. Hand written labels are acceptable.
35. Competitors must bring all of the necessary electrical supplies, including UV/LED lamps, extension cords, adapters, electric files and table lights.
36. Each competitor will be provided one electrical outlet.
37. Competitors must provide their own products.
38. Strictly no molds may be used in any competition.
39. Once the allowed time is up the competitors must stop working immediately and put their hands up. The model must stand up and get in line for judging immediately.
40. Competitors caught touching their models hands after the time has been called will receive a 10-point deduction to their final score.
41. Models that have any tattoos on the lower arms or anywhere on their hands must adhere to the rule of having them covered by an official prior to judging.
42. Models may not wear any jewelry on their hands or wrists.
43. When instructed, competitors are responsible for getting their model to the judging arena and making certain the model understands that they must be judged by all of the judges before leaving the competition arena.
44. Models must not leave the judging area until they have been completely judged.
45. Any model leaving the judging arena prior to being completely judged will be disqualified.
46. Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is allowed in the rules. For any rules not specifying a point deduction, there will be one warning. The second infringement will be penalized by a 5-point deduction and the third infringement will be cause for disqualification of the competition.
47. In the event of a tie or of any disputes to the scoring places first through ten, the head judge will make the decision.
48. The head judge’s decisions are final.
49. Score sheets will be made available for all competitors.
52. In the competition area, the use of any type of device or heat source that is used directly on the model during the application or curing process is prohibited. (E.g. lighters, hair straighteners, dryers or similar).
53. The competitor is allowed to bring a cart or similar that he can be used as an additional table to put products when needed as sometimes the tables provided are small.
54. The competitor is allowed to put all the necessary products in an open box placed on top of the suitcase.
55. The model can’t be touched when is in line waiting to be judged.
56. Once the briefing begins the hands of the models must be on the table and the competitors’ in their lap, under the table.
57. The competitor must have enough models for all the competitions he’s participating.
58. There will be no extra time during the competition for remove the nails from the models.
59. There will be a 5 point deduction for any violation of the any of the rules.
60. Competitors ARE ALLOWED to pre-size or cut the forms prior to the start of the competition. Doubling of forms is allowed. Metal supports are allowed and can be added to the form prior to the competition.